For the most part, Holynd and Sloane keep themselves entertained in the playroom. That's one of the perks of having kids close in age, there's always a built-in playmate nearby. Most of the time it involves a huge mess, but that's what the playroom is for.
There are a couple of times during the day where they want to be right under my feet. 98% of the time, there aren't any toys upstairs. The girls will drag some up during the day and, when they move on to something else, I'll throw the toy back down to the playroom. It's not the greatest system, but it works.
I've blogged before about how I try to cook dinner while the kids are down for naps, but that doesn't always happen. Not every meal I make can be kept warm until dinner. Somethings just have to be prepared right before dinnertime.
Last night was one of those nights. I made Parmesan Sage Pork Chops and Roasted Red Potatoes. I did do the potatoes ahead of time because it's pretty hard to screw them up, but the pork chops had to be done right before dinner. This meant that chaos pretty much broke out while I was busy cooking.
I decided to periodically take pictures of what was going on. That way when the girls get older and complain about how they can't ever cook without their kids running crazy, I'll have proof that they did the same thing to me.
"Spice Castles" are really popular in this household. The pantry is childproofed, but when I'm cooking, I open and close the pantry door a lot. This leaves plenty of opportunities for the girls to get into the food storage and play around. At this point, Holynd had only gotten into the spices, the canned items hadn't been touched yet.
Again, I do have childproofers for the fridge, but I don't want to take the lock off 40 times while I'm cooking. Thus, many opportunities to get into the fridge are presented. Here we have Sloane eating a zillion grapes.
ZuZu pets are pretty popular while I'm cooking because the wood floor works great for races. Here we have Holynd getting her ZuZu Princess Carriage ready for some kind of journey. It's so much fun cooking while little robotic pets run into your feet.
When I finally got everything in the oven, I noticed that the grapes had went missing. They were found here, scattered down the hallway.
These two are getting to be such good friends.
Changing into princess clothes is a must-do in this household. Holynd loves to dress up while I'm in the kitchen because she can wear her little princess shoes and "click" on the floor.
Pudee gets in on the action every once-in-awhile and decides that he's hungry and wants to eat RIGHT NOW! But, for the most part, his sisters take care of providing our daily dose of chaos.
Here, the girls decided to get all the shoes out of the closet so that Sloane could put on a pair of "princess shoes".
I decided to not post about Holynd going potty and trying to wipe her bum by herself. This left a really ugly mess in the bathroom while the pork chops were in the oven. People keep telling me that boys are worse. I have at least one full-fledged poopie crime scene occurrence everyday. How much worse can it get?! When asked why she didn't wait for Mommy to come help her, Holynd answered, "But mommy, you were cooking and I didn't want to bother you. So I just did it myself." That's very thoughtful of you Holynd.
So there you have it. A documented depiction of what goes on the hour while I'm cooking.
I'm impressed you make dinner every night! Scar gets that way at dinner time and I give up almost every time and we get take-out. You'll have to let me know some of your tricks :)
ReplyDelete