Friday, March 23, 2012

Ba-der

I him-hawed about posting about my birthday (which is Monday! 25 years old!), my birthday present that arrived Wednesday and the night out that Matt and I have planned tonight... But, that felt like bragging and if I'm going to brag, I'm going to brag about my kids because they are WAY better then any present I could ever receive.

Sloane has started to really talk well lately. She's putting lots of sentences together and it's a lot of fun listening to her.

This morning she climbed up to Pudee's crib and said, "I loov you ba-der".

Maddox is still a little nervous around Sloane. He has good reasons. She does only practice tough love. Once she's able to be a little softer, he'll come around. She mostly calls him "ba-der", but sometimes she calls him "Poo-dee" or "Manix".

However, instead of Pudee being nervous around Holynd, something else has happened.

He lights up when she's around. She loves to get in his face and make all sorts of baby talk. This used to make Pudee crazy because he'd get so nervous, but now he'll look straight at her and give her the biggest smile ever. This only makes Holynd want to act goofier, which can get really funny!





These big sisters can't get enough of him. Holynd tells me all day long to call her, "big sissy", but if I call Sloane "sissy", she gets upset. "Sissy is my name! Not Sloanies. Sloanies name is Sloanie Baloanie!"


I'm pretty lucky to be able to be here with these babies all day. :)


Maddox decided to roll over from back-to-tummy yesterday. This resulted in a huge fit because he hates his tummy! When he realized that he was stuck and couldn't get back over, he really REALLY got mad. I don't know if he'll attempt that trick again for awhile. He's also been sitting up for a little while at a time. The other night he had scooted himself a really weird position in his crib. Matt asked if I had laid him in there that way... Yes, I frequently lay our baby in with his head jammed into the side of his crib. ;) Matt and I are finally facing the dilemma of how to child-proof our stairs and still be able to have the little girls go up and down. I may have to just start dragging him down the stairs on his tummy now. It seems unreal that he might be mobile soon. The Easter Bunny called and said that he is worried that the 6-12 month clothes he has for Maddox might not fit for very long once Easter finally get here. I told him I was worried about the exact same thing. Dressing Pudee has been a little bit of a task because he's so tall and skinny. The waist of his pants are WAY too big... but then the length leaves him with high-waters.


Sometimes when I get him dressed in the morning I can't help but ask, "When the flood comin' Pudster??"

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so cute! We need to get together this summer and play!

    ReplyDelete