Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Heart Presents!!!

Yesterday I turned 25. People who don't know me very well are always shocked to hear that. Yes, I'm only 25 and I have three kids. It seems weird, but hey! I'll be a really young grandma. ;)

I love my birthday, but I really love presents that don't necessarily come on my birthday.

For instance, this gift came in the cold month of December. She's a spitfire. Stubborn, yet loving. She reminds me a lot of myself. That in itself is a little scary, but her attitude and charisma screams, "I AM AN OLDEST CHILD!". I love her. She was unexpected, yet completely welcomed. This gift loves to make demands. Sometimes I have to look at her and say, "Holynd. No more demands for 20 minutes". To which she responds, "But mom, I need so many things!"





Then there's this gift. She came in the month of June. She was also a pleasant surprise, but in hindsight, we knew she was supposed to come and we are so glad she did. She's my baby girl. Her curly hair fits her personality. Sweet, girly and loves to cuddle. She adores her older sister and loves to copy everything she does. Sloane is perfectly content rocking in the rocking chair with a book. Sometimes, when my mothering instincts are whining for some quiet time, I know to call Sloane over to rock, sing and read.









And finally, there was this little gift. He came in the month of November. So so so unexpected, but he makes my heart flutter every time he smiles. Pudee is my little man. Such a good baby that sometimes I stop and wonder what little adventures he has planned for the future. Every night, after the everyone has been bathed, read to, prayed with and tucked in, I climb in my bed and hold Maddox. He is a surefire sign that the Lord's plan for us is so much greater then our own.




I heart presents, especially the ones that don't come on my birthday.