If that summary was enough for you, then don't read on. If you do read on, be prepared for way too many pictures. I don't know if I've ever done a post with so many pictures. To be frank, I was getting overwhelmed with all the posts that I felt like I needed to write, so I've lumped them all into one.
Christmas Eve and Christmas day we spend with both the Petersons and my family. Aunt T was here and so we tried to spend as much as time with her and her hubs before they left for Arizona.
Christmas morning started off wonderful....
Santa came...
The girls went crazy opening presents.... The present I was looking forward to was a "phone" for the kids. I don't know if any other parents get sick of their kids always hogging their phones for apps and what-not, but I couldn't take it anymore! We got the girls a Galaxy Player for Christmas. It's exactly like our phones, but can't call or use any data. Love it!
Sloane threw up. Oh boy. After a few hours of assessment, it was determined that she wouldn't have any fun at G-Ma's that morning. Holynd, Pudee and I bid sick Sloanie and daddy farewell and went down to Payson. We opened even more presents, ate way too much food, but then then inevitable happened. Uncle Greg started throwing up. When Matt called and said Sloane was still throwing up, I decided it was time to pack up and get everyone home. I walked in the door and 15 minutes didn't pass before... Yep, you guessed it. I started throwing up. I spent the rest of the day and most of the night in bed. By morning, Sloane and I were no longer throwing up, but were just tired. Luckily Sloane took a 5 hour nap (NOT JOKING!) and Holynd was so infatuated with her new toys that she stayed occupied in the playroom most of the day. I spent another day in bed, only getting up to get Holynd snacks and to feed Pudee.
By the end of the day, I felt better and was able to eat. Sloane was also mostly back to normal. It was about 9pm that night when I noticed that nursing wasn't going that well. My milk wasn't coming in the way it normally did and Pudee has proved to be my hungriest child. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, except for the fact that my pump had broken two nights before so I couldn't really pump to bring my milk back in.
The next morning, we went down to Payson to spend the day with Aunt T and Uncle Greg. I was very grateful for this day because I was able to nurse Maddox to the best of my ability and then have my mom give him a bottle. It took a couple more days of high fat/protein meals and lots of nursing before I finally felt like I was in the clear.
By Wednesday night, Matt was sick. He was planning on staying home for the rest of the week anyway, so he spent the first day of his vacation in bed. I let the girls just play and I made Homemade Chicken Noodle soup for my husbands recovering tummy troubles. However, the real thing that helped my husband's recovery move along was when my mom called offering us some Jazz Tickets for the next night. My Uncle is a season ticket holder and usually gives my mom and dad his tickets for the New Years game. My parents, however, had already planned a temple night with their friends and so called us asking us if we wanted the tickets. Grandma Kathy was more then happy to come and play with our babies while we went out on the town. :)
First up, dinner at Thaifoon. Delicious.
First up, dinner at Thaifoon. Delicious.
Ice Cream at the game. Yummy!
I spent the entire game sitting next to Aaron Eckhart. I had no idea it was him. People kept coming up and asking for pictures with him. He was really nice, but I had no idea who he was. It wasn't until we got home that we realized we had sat next to Two-Face at the Jazz game.
The Petersons have a set Sunday that they celebrate birthdays for the month. Holynd had already celebrated her birthday with all her cousins and then with her friend Kaydence too, but we couldn't go without celebrating with G-Ma and G-Pa, so the next night we had a special birthday dinner for the birthday girl. What did Princess Holynd request?? Tacos!
Holynd and Sloane went as Aurora and Cinderella. Santa can never bring enough dress-up clothes.
Holynd requested a Strawberry Cake. I don't bake and I couldn't find a strawberry cake anywhere. With the Jazz game and all the sickness, I hadn't thought to order one before hand, so I went with Plan B: Red Velvet. I told Holynd a little white lie and said it was strawberry, she never knew the difference. ;) The rest of us all had cheesecake! YUM!
Sloanie before we did her hair. Boy does her hair get frizzy.
That night, we put the girls to bed and turned on some Best of Will Ferrall to keep us entertained until midnight. However, I must admit that with all the craziness going on lately, we didn't make it to midnight. :)
We felt dumb for not making it until midnight, so Sunday we invited friends over to watch movies. As always, we had so much fun hanging out with friends and letting the kids tear up the house. :)
Matt's vacation stretched all way until yesteday, so I decided to venture out and find Pudee's blessing outfit. I'd be lying if I didn't say that this project wasn't easy. I had already looked three other places before my sister-in-law finally suggested Dressed in White. I went in and was very pleased. Boys outfits are so much harder then girls' outfits. Holynd wore mine and then I went to the Quilted Bear for Sloane's (Love that place for girls' blessing dresses! They're like little wedding dresses!). I had NO IDEA where to find a handsome boys' outfit and I got very frustrated before I found this place. I couldn't believe how many spaceman outfits were out there trying to pass for boys' blessing oufits!
Phew! We are tired, but we're gearing up for one more party before life returns to normal. :)




