Monday, January 9, 2012

It's A Beautiful Day...

I love seeing the Priesthood used in my home. It invites a very special spirit every time it's used.

This last August, I was miserable. I was convinced that the heat was slowly trying to defeat me in my pregnant-state. I wasn't necessarily hot, but I was swollen. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong because I was drinking over 100 ounces of water a day. A DAY! I had even (GASP!) cut back on drinking Diet Pepsi. (I know. You can try and pinch yourself, but I really just said that). After much discouragement and misery, Matt decided it was time for a blessing. The blessing didn't say that the swelling would go away or that the baby would come right at 37 weeks or even that I would feel better, only that I would be made stronger and would be given comfort when I needed it. Looking back, I needed that trial because, oh goodness did I need that strength for taking care of these babies. But boy do I love them.

After that day, I decided that we needed to have a Family Home Evening lesson on the Priesthood. It was amazing what happened that night. It actually felt like both little girls were listening intently as Matt explained the blessings of the Priesthood and having the Priesthood in our home. At the end of the lesson, Matt gave both the girls a little blessing. Sloane had an extra small one because the attention made her a little nervous. However, Holynd really seemed impressed by the whole experience. It all seemed very fitting because it was August and school was starting. We just kinda decided that this lesson would mark the beginning of a tradition from here-on-out.

I hadn't thought about that lesson until yesterday.

We got up yesterday morning and began to get everything ready for Maddox's big day. We had kinda explained what was going to happen, but that morning while the girls sat at the table eating breakfast I asked Holynd, "What happens when daddy gives a blessing?"

She answered, "He puts his hands on my head and prays for me."

Very true Holynd.



Maddox was given a wonderful blessing.

After the party was over and all goodbyes were said, we did a bare-minimum of cleaning and hung out in the playroom for the rest of the day. A very special ending to a very special day.










Don't mind the princess dress on Holynd and the frizzy hair on Sloane. Playing was just way more important.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how special!!! Happy Blessing Day (one day late) Maddox! I love love love the outfit you found for him too. Way to go girlie!

    ReplyDelete