In honor of the upcoming holiday, a lot of people are posting everything that they're thankful for. Almost always, I can definitely agree with most everyone else's lists. Lately, however, I've realized that there are many things I'm thankful for only because I'm a mom.
A good swaddling blanket
Children's Tylenol & Children's Benedryl
Binkies
A forgotten about bag of goldfish crackers found during an extra long wait at the pediatricians' office.
Vaseline
Cornstarch - Used to help wash-out a greasy mess from thin, straight baby hair.
Friends that are willing to help you clean up poopy messes.
Doorknob Child-Proofers
Hats - Used to hide the fact that you have no time to do your hair.
Tide Stain Release Spray
Pull-Ups - I don't care if people think it's cheating... I'm not changing wet sheets every night.
Nursing Pads
The family that shares their Play-Doe with my kids during sacrament meeting.
Nursery - Three more Sundays until Sloane goes!
Silent prayers I say to myself multiple times a day. Some full of sorrows. Most full of gratitude.
Great parents and in-laws that love being grandparents.
Hairspray - Used to get permenant marker off of walls and other surfaces.
Bleach - If you've read my past posts, you know why I'm thankful for this.
Netflix and its' old school cartoons that Holynd loves.
Smucker's Raspberry Lemonade Mix - My kids think that this is a HUGE treat. Especially when we put it in the Smoothie Maker with ice.
Paula Dean's extra creamy hot chocolate recipe - It's the only thing that would mask the disgusting taste of the prescription laxative Sloane had to go on.
A cute apron
Children's Board Books - The books with actual paper never survive. Pop-up books only last seconds in this household.
The bouncey chair
Slobbery Kisses
Flour messes after Holynd helps me bake.
Sloane's love of apples and the way she carries her apple around the house with her.
A car that fits five carseats in it so that Nicole and I can go get Cokes with all the kids.
Blogs that make me feel better when I'm having a bad day.
Cookies that turn out when I decide to bake.
Diet Pepsi
.... and finally
A husband who's willing to do most anything I ask of him. Groceries, cleaning, cooking (with detailed instructions), staying with the kids while I take some time to goof-off, etc. I have to brag... I have a husband that gets up with the kids in the every morning and let's me sleep. Sorry. Send your hate-mail if you must.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
That was really well said. I am proud of you for writing it and of course a million other things. We love you guys lots and lots.
ReplyDeleteYep! You're still my favorite blog to read!! Love your fun mommy adventures.... keep them coming!! :)
ReplyDeleteHehe, you DO have a pretty awesome hubby, that's for sure. Love this post
ReplyDeleteAlso, glad to see that Diet Pepsi made the list. I too am thankful for that!
ReplyDelete