*Maddox slept all the way through dinner and most of pie.

*Holynd called Maddox's hat "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Hat!"

*We spent Thanksgiving in Payson instead of Wallsburg. Very bittersweet. We miss Wallsburg, but Thanksgiving was delicious and fun as always. :) Thanks G-Ma and G-Pa!
*Aunt Twitch and Uncle Koy passed turkey skin across the table... Lovely.
* The Kunkles played Uno for hours and made up a whole bunch of new rules no one had ever heard of.
* Holynd didn't eat any Thanksgiving dinner and then asked for a bowl of cereal later on. What a party pooper.
* Sloane discovered stuffing and LOVES it.
* The Kunkles drank as much Sparkling Cider as they could.
* I begged my mom to make 9 Layer Salad. She made it from memory because she couldn't find the recipe. It turned out wonderful. Then, later on, we started going through my grandma's old recipes and lo and behold, the recipe for 9 Layer Salad was found. My mom didn't miss an ingredient. ;)
* Matt and I went to Wal-Mart at 10pm. Got a FANTASTIC deal on a really big gift. (Merry Christmas to us!) It was crowded, but not nearly as dramatic and crazy as we have been told. It was actually kinda fun. (However, given the fact that we haven't been out together in such a long time... Watching paint dry without our kids, would've been a fun activity.)
* Maddox went to his first movie. Breaking Dawn. He was incredibly well-behaved through the movie, despite the fact that is was a chick-flick.
* I got to take a nap! Hooray!
It is now time to prepare for Christmas. Time goes by so much faster now that I'm not pregnant.
Maddox will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. He melts my heart. He's such a wonderful baby. I've never had a baby that will just fall asleep while being held. Holynd had to be bounced in her bouncey chair to fall asleep. It would take us about an hour to get her to sleep and then she would sleep for about 30 minutes. Keep in mind that I went to school when she was a baby. A little stressful, but we laugh about it a lot now. Sloane was just so sweet from the beginning. She struggled falling asleep for the first couple of months, but once we got her to sleep, she slept for hours. Once she discovered thumb-sucking.... Oh my goodness, we could take her anywhere. :) It almost makes us forgive her for all the screaming she did while we paced the halls with her.
Holynd seems to be doing a lot better lately. She seemed to be struggling with the new baby, but thankfully, after spending some time with just mommy and having Maddox out of the house all day Saturday, she seems to be doing much better. I'm so happy to report that she has started to use the potty again without a fight.
Sloane is cutting her 8th tooth. She does not love teething. Luckily, she has no objections to taking lots of Tylenol. She's still so sweet that she could give you cavities. She knows so many words, but is so soft spoken that we hardly ever hear from her until she's mad. She is getting the hang of standing up for herself though. She shows no remorse when her sister makes her mad. I find myself breaking up fights most of the day. I'm ok with this, I expected this. I did have two sisters and, if the truth be known, we could really beat the crap out of each other. ;) I did get a few texts in regards to my post about Sloane using the potty. Let me explain. I am not actually trying to potty train Sloane. A few people thought that I was potty training her even though I was totally burned-out on potty training. No! She pleads to sit on the potty. She'd sit there all day if I let her. There's been quite a few times where she asks to sit on the potty and I just can't help her right at that minute. Right now, if she asks and we're not in the middle of something else, I'll rush her right to the potty. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she just sits until she gets bored. Either way, I'm so not taking away her diapers anytime soon! NO WAY!
At 4 weeks postpartum, I feel basically normal. I started working out 2.5 weeks ago. Obviously, my workouts in the beginning weren't more then some easy yoga and a little Pilate's. As of right now, I can get in a good workout without any troubles. I haven't started doing any abs yet, which makes my workouts really BORING. Once I feel like all my muscles are back in place, I'll definitely begin doing abs. We did a more aggressive workout the night before Thanksgiving and I ended up really sore. Good in some ways, but made me realize how far I have to go before I feel as strong as I did pre-pregnancy. Not to mention the fact that I spend 99.8% of my day on my feet taking care of my babies. :)
I totally LOVE Maddox's hat. Did you make that!? SO CUTE!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe hat is from Etsy. It actually came all the way from Canada. (I kept wondering why the shipping was so expensive). It's from the same shop that I bought the infamous Pumpkin Hat from. :) Com'on Nicole, you know I don't make stuff. ;)
ReplyDelete