
Pre-Baby Pedicure, Check!
When I found out I was pregnant, we began the long process of preparing for this baby. A lot of things changed because of this pregnancy. A house, a different car, new rooms for everyone, new beds, potty training, the list goes on...
However, when we found out we were having a boy.... The list got even longer. All of the sudden, I had the somewhat awesome, somewhat tedious task of taking every pink baby item we have and replacing it with blue items.
I wasn't prepared for this.
But, I think it's safe to say that we're done.
Some of the items that were replaced include:
Boppy pillow
Bedding
Carseat
Carseat Cover
Diaper Bag
Pants
Shirts
Onesies - Seriously, I did NOT have ONE white onesie. Not one.
Pj's - Nor did I have any neutral jammies. All pink.
Bouncey Chair
Bibs
Burp Cloths
Binkies (Ours all had rhinestones and/or princess crowns on them)
Socks
Hats
Blankets
Even my scratch mittens were pink.
(Notice the list does NOT include bows or headbands. Matt informed me that baby boys don't wear those things.... Lame!)
However, all the pink has been boxed up. (Not getting rid of it. I'm pretty sure there's at least one more baby girl in our future). And all the blue has been put out.
And since we were doing so much baby brother preparation, I decided to get the girls their fall clothes, shoes, winter coats and Halloween costumes. Their outfits for brother's first pictures will be complete as soon as my last purchase from Etsy shows up.
I even made sure everyone got new toothbrushes.
Phew.
Thanks for being a good sport Husband. Even when I stay up late obsessing/crying over baby purchases.
This is the first time I've actually felt somewhat prepared to have a baby. It's been fun, but it may be slightly overrated. Holynd came home to a non-existant nursery... Ask her if she even cares.
Nope.
And, frankly, now that I've had the whole experience, I don't really want to do it again. It was fun, but I think next time we'll just get out the baby stuff and call it good. (Maybe).
For now, we are all settled into wait. My doctor thinks I'll probably go around the same time I did with Sloane (Oh, Dr W.... You better have knocked on wood after saying this), which would be around 37.5 - 38 weeks. I got my hair done and got a pedicure. (My first one. It was a lot of fun). Hopefully baby brother shows up before it's time to get the roots touched up again.
In the meantime, since all the preparations are done, we've got some fun things planned. Holynd has been asking for another haircut and we've got a few birthday parties to look forward to. We've also planned a trip to "Witches Town" (Gardner's Village. It's the current bribe to keep Holynd from having any potty accidents). I also have lots more eating that I want to do, which means lots of fun lunch dates with dad!
I can't wait to meet this little guy! But, meanwhile, I'm still soaking up all the time I have with just my two babies.
Ok, if I ever have a girl I want the binky's to have rhinestones on them! (I want everything to sparkle... and she'll probably end up a tom boy because of it haha) Anyway, did you buy them or bling them yourself?
ReplyDelete