Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby Kitten Eyes...

Have you ever seen a baby kitten when it's first born and it's eyes are goop-ed shut?

Holynd has the same problem!


She woke up yesterday with a horribly infected eye! So, off to the doctor we went. The doctor prescribed her some drops and said she had a virus also that's giving her a sore throat and cough.


I left the doctor's office feeling guilty for not taking better care of my baby.
Matt keeps telling me that babies get sick and there's not a lot you can do about it.
He's probably right.




So four times a day, I fight with Holynd so that I can give her the eye drops.
(Yeah! Four times a day!)




However, last night Holynd proved that there's lots worse than having to give her eye drops.




She has now mastered a talent of coughing until she throws up.
Yep, you read right, coughing-until-she-throws-up.


Last night, she threw-up all over me and our bed.
So we moved into Holynd's room because there's a spare bed in there.
(She was really excited to see that mom and dad
were having a slumber party with her in her room!)




Then, this morning she threw-up all over that bed. UGH!


And this is not small baby-spit-up....
It's throw-up!
She makes hungover frat-bros look like sissies!!!




But, it's ok. I spoiled her yesterday.
I held her all day long and laid with her while she took a nap.
Hopefully, in a few days my busy baby will be up to her same ole' everyday antics.




Notice the red left eye.

There's usually a constant stream of tears out of that eye.

I feel so bad!

1 comment:

  1. oh man! the coughing til they throw up!! that is the worst!! and then you had to wash two sets of bed sheets! darn!! poor girl! and poor mom!

    ReplyDelete