No, this post does not include pictures of my stretch marks. Sorry to all you perverted wierdos of the world.
I found this on someone else's blog and thought it would be a nice attempt to remember my pregnancy with Holynd.
I didn't keep a journal or anything, just this blog. Sometimes I stress out that Holynd may want to know more.
1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
-I was in Matt and I's bathroom. The Febuary before I got pregnant, I had surgery and had to make sure I wasn't pregnant while on my Antibiotics and Anti-Inflammatory's so I had a spare test on hand. I had been really really tired and a lady at work "dared" me to take a test. She said that if it was negative she would take me to lunch. I was 100% sure I was going to get lunch that Monday. BIG FAT NO!
2. Who was with you?
-No one. I didn't want to tell Matt I was taking a pregnancy test for a free lunch. He was in the living room playing the Playstation. When I came in and said I was pregnant, he said, "Yeah, right...." When I finally convinced him, he cried and insisted on giving me a blessing. It was really sweet.
3. How did you find out that you were pregnant?
-Mrs. EPT told me. After the first test, I bought four other ones. I was worried that the day I would see my doctor he would tell me I wasn't really pregnant.
4. What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant?
- I had been working-out a lot and really trying to watch what I was eating, so my first reaction was to eat everything in sight.
5. Who was the first person you told?
- Matt
6. Did you plan to get pregnant?
-Eventually down the road. I didn't think it would happen this soon.
7. Was everybody happy for you?
-Yeah! I think a lot of people were shocked, but everyone was happy for us.
8. Did you go out and celebrate?
-(See Answer to Question 4.)
9. Did you want to find out the gender?
-Yep! It nearly killed me to wait until 20 weeks.
10. Did anyone throw you a baby shower?
- Yep! The totally awesomely-amazing Nicole!
11. Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby?
-Nope. Everyone who gave Holynd clothes had extremely good taste!
12. How much weight did you gain?
- A whopping 35lbs!
13. Did you lose all of the weight that you gained?
- Yep! (And then some.)
14. Did you get a lot of stretch marks?
-Not a lot. The little that I got is basically gone now. I did cry everytime I found a new one though.
15. What did you crave the most?
- Strawberries in milk with sugar. And I would lick the "lime powder" off of the lime tortilla chips. I really liked raw carrots with salt and pepper on them. Arby's Roast Beef was a hot item for the first trimester too. KoolAid was pretty yummy. Oh, and FunDips! Matt would have to get me one every night.
16. Did you crave anything crazy?
- I think most people would consider the "lime powder" pretty wierd and a little crazy.
17. Who or what got on your nerves the most?
- I'm so glad Matt's not here as I write this! I'm sure he could write three blog posts on this very topic. I couldn't stand it when Matt would touch his face when we were in the car, I hated hearing sneezes, I really hated the people who would tell me how I still had "a lot of time left", male classmates who's best attempt at acknowledging my pregnancy was to ask how much weight I had gained were really annoying, the dog drove me crazy, having to wait in any sort of line anywhere was awful and many many more.
18. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
- :) Just a couple. I had a lot of Pre-Term Labor issues. Holynd had a few complications they found at 33 weeks. Throughout my entire pregnancy I had 8 ultrasounds and Holynd has had 5 in her life so far.
19. Where were you when you went into labor?
-U of U Hospital. I didn't give birth there by choice. I had to deliver close to Primary Children's Hospital because of Holynd's complications.
20. Did your water break?
-16 hours into my induction, I was finally dialated enough for them to break my water.
21. Who drove you to the hospital?
-Matt did. It was really wierd being in the car knowing we were going to come home with our baby. We stopped and Matt bought me "my last meal".
22. Did you go early or late?
- 3 weeks early. They did an amniocentisis on the 26th to see if her lungs were mature. Originally, we were told that they would schedule my induction (if her lungs were mature) a couple of days out. On the 27th, the high-risk OB called me and said I needed to be in Labor and Delivery in two hours. I was all alone and in total shock, Matt was at work.
23. Who was in the room with you when you gave birth?
- Matt, two doctors, a resident, a couple of nurses and an entire pediatric team.
24.Was it video taped?
-Heck No!
25. Did you have any drugs for the pain?
-They made me wait 13 hours to get my Epidural. It was awful. The worst was after they started my Pitocin and my contractions were eight minutes long. That Pitocin stuff is EVIL! Then, when I got ready to push, they shut off my Epidural so that I could feel when to push.
26. Did you go Natural or have a c-section?
-Natural (with drugs) all the way! I went shopping the night we brought her home because I felt pretty much normal.
27. What was your first reaction after giving birth?
-I need a Diet Coke now!
28. How big was the baby?
- 6lbs 15oz, 20 inches long. At 4 months, she was 13.3lbs, 24 inches long.
29. What did you name the baby?
- Holynd Reece Peterson. I stole the name Holland from someone else and changed the spelling. Reece is my grandfather's middle name.
30. Did the baby have any complications?
-I gave birth with an entire pediatric team on standby.... and then she didn't need any immediate care. We're still seeing a pediatric surgeon at Primary Children's once a month, but that's all.
31. How old is your baby today?
-4 and 1/2 months
32. When is the next one coming?
- Who knows! Holynd was a surprise and since I'm a control freak, I think this is the Lord's way of teaching me to be calm and more laid-back. I can't believe how much I love being a mom. Now that I understand how great the "reward" of being pregnant is, I don't think I'll be too upset to have another baby sooner than later. ("Sooner" does not mean tomorrow people! Don't get too excited!)
33. If you could, would you do it all over again?
-Yep! (I can't speak for Matt though. He's still walking on egg shells because I was a crazy woman.)
PS. If you are wondering what Holynd's complications were, I've never posted that. So don't waste your time going back over old posts. Once everything is in the clear I may explain. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment