One thing I know for certain about motherhood is that there is never enough.
It's completely impossible for me to give everyone everything they need in a 24-hours time.
I'm not using the word impossible lightly.
It won't ever happen because it can't happen.
The list of responsibilities I give myself is overwhelming.
I go to bed at night and worry about all that I didn't do that day.
There's never enough money.
Never enough time for Holynd.
Never enough time for Sloane.
Never enough time for Maddox.
Never enough time for Matt.
Never enough time spent together.
Never enough time for cooking.
Never enough time for cleaning.
Never enough play.
Never enough disipline.
Never enough activities outside the home.
Never enough activities inside the home.
Never enough prayers.
Never enough reading.
Never enough teaching.
Believe me when I say, this list could go on forever.
I feel like most of my nights are spent worrying about how I constantly come up short.
I realized the other day what my one true worry is:
I wasn't a perfect mom today.
That's horrible. I hate that statement.
I can't live life beating myself up because what is that going to teach my kids?
I know my kids are going to come up short. It pains me to think that they'll feel what I feel when I go to bed at night.
Somehow, I've got to let somethings go.
For my kids.

Love you friend! Very eloquently stated!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet! And just so you know, I pretty much think of you as Super Mom! I am amazed at everything you do for your kids!!
ReplyDeleteI read this post a couple of days ago and I didn't have time to comment. I LOVED THIS POST!!!!! I feel like being a mom is seriously hard work! And I am not just talking about cleaning up, feeding, etc. (which is really hard too!) I am talking mentally. I feel overwhelmed sometimes with trying to keep up with what everybody else is doing and what their kids are doing. I feel overwhelmed sometimes with the responsiblity to teach our children between right and wrong and making sure I do it in the most loving, christlike way possible. I feel, all the time, that I am not doing a good job as a mom. Being a mom stresses me out! Especially since there are so many people that I feel judge me for what I am doing as a mom. And although I feel these things...most of the time if I just look at my kids I know they are worth it and I love them so much. I just really loved this post. You are a good writer and an amazing mom! I look up to you a lot.
ReplyDelete