Monday, September 10, 2012

Threes

Today I served three lunches.

Cleaned up three lunches.

Kissed three different wounds.

Started three different movies.

Made three different snacks.

Cleaned up three different snacks.

Did three loads of laundry. Folded three baskets of laundry.

Cleaned crayon off three different walls.

Chased a crawling baby away from the stairs three times.

Tucked two babies in for three different naps.

Read three different stories.

Sang three different songs.

Changed three poopie diapers.

Wiped the toilet seat off three different times! (Seriously Holynd, finish peeing before you jump off!)

Made three plates of dinner.

Cleaned up three plates of dinner.

Put three messy faces in the tub.

Washed three heads of hair.

Brushed three sets of teeth.

Put on three sets of jammies.

Said three sets of prayers.

Read one more story to three sets of sleepy eyes.

Kissed three little cheeks.

And threw my tired body on my bed.

These days seem long, but I'm sad because the weeks seem to fly by.

This is the longest I have ever not been pregnant in Matt's and I marriage.

Yep. The longest. Maddox is now 10 months old.

I have been nursing or pregnant for over 4 years now. Yep. Four.

I've been pumping for Maddox for about a month, but I'm here to announce that I'm tired.

So very tired.

So I'm cutting myself a break. It's been a fun adventure, but I'm ready for a little bit of freedom.

By the end of this week, I'm hoping to be completely myself.

I'm a little sad, but it's always sad experience to quit nursing. I am very ready though.

It's going to be a little weird.

1 comment: