We started keeping track of the little girls' height back in May. We just recently measured them again. It was unreal how much they had grown in just 4 months.
Today I'm sitting in my kitchen and my kitchen is actually clean. Today was Cleaning Day so it's no mystery why. I'm trying to enjoy the few minutes of quiet I have before it's time to cook dinner.
Even though I got all the work done that I had planned on doing, today has still been a weird day. It has become apparent in the last few days that Sloane is ready to give up naps. Today has been our first "No-Nap Trial Run".
I really can't believe that it's time.
Before we found out Maddox was a boy, I really thought we would have more baby girls. I really didn't take the time to savor the baby girl stages with Sloane because I thought that another baby girl was on her way.
When we found out we were having a boy, I had a few minutes of sadness because I realized that we may not have any more baby girls. The excitement of having a little boy quickly took over and I pushed aside those feelings. "Sloane is going to be a baby for a long time" I told myself.
Having Sloane grow so fast has brought those feelings back. She's really not a baby anymore and I find myself wondering if we'll ever have another baby girl.
However, the bigger Sloane gets the more she and Holynd actually play with one another. Sloane is starting to understand the pretend games that Holynd plays and likes to try and play along. Sometimes they keep each other entertained for hours. Sometimes I'm breaking up a fight every ten minutes! I'm becoming more and more thankful everyday that they were born so close together.
I'm very excited to watch Sloane go through the stages Holynd has just passed, but it's a little sad to see Sloane leave the baby stages.
Luckily, I have the cutest baby boy in the entire world. He's finds enjoyment everyday watching me try and figure out his little boy ways.
Little boys are WAY different.


No comments:
Post a Comment