Tuesday, May 1, 2012

6

My Mister Man is 6 months old today. Where does the time go?

Maddox is the happiest baby in the world. His sister's adore him, which works out nicely because Matt and I kinda like him too. 

He started eating cereal a few weeks ago. I hate baby food. I was set on waiting until he was over 6 months old, but when I got The Plague, I decided to start him on it until my milk came back. 

Much to my disapproval, he loved it. He'd eat it three times a day if I let him. 

Contrary to popular belief, this does not mean that he is sleeping through the night. I'm pretty sure the person who started this rumor was just playing a cruel joke on mothers everywhere. Matt and I actually noticed that the cereal made him want to nurse more. Weird? Yes. But maybe instead of just getting longer and longer, he'll start to put on a few pounds.

Speaking of sleeping, Pudman is pretty much the best baby in this department. You just put him down and he goes to sleep. We do have to swaddle his arms to his sides or else he'll just lay in there and play with his binkie. He doesn't cry when he wakes up, he just kinda starts yelling and talking. I'm pretty sure he wakes up at 6am every morning, but being the good boy that he is, he just lays in there kicking around until everyone else wakes up. Sometimes he gets himself into some really weird positions in his crib. This also means that he's ready for a nap at 9am.

Maddox loves to wiggle. I fear he's never going to be able to sit up very well because of how much he moves. No wonder he's so skinny. (He was like that when I was pregnant with him. He never stopped moving. Ever.) He still hates tummy time. Hates it! If I put him on his tummy he usually just rolls right back over onto his back. Tummy time is usually the only time we ever hear him cry.

Maddox also loves to grab your face for a big wet kiss. It's pretty much my favorite thing ever.

Maddox is just so easy. I can take him anywhere and don't really have to worry about him getting upset. This is great because his sisters usually always end up upset and demand most of my attention.

For awhile, I thought he hated to be in the car but, after some experimentation, I figured out that he hated to sit by his sisters. I don't blame him. They pick on him relentlessly. We remedied that situation this weekend.

We honored the day today with a long walk. Maddox is loving riding in the stroller. I really need to buy a stroller that sits all three kids, but for now, Holynd puts a doll in her stroller and follows me. This does mean we have to stop and collect zillions of rocks on our way. We also have to stop and name every potato bug or lady bug we pass.

We love you Pudee.