Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning to be grateful for...

Hot water.

Our water heater exploded last night. It was awesome. It flooded the condos below us and today I am without any hot water. Luckily, it exploded right AFTER I had bathed Holynd and Sloane.

Which was good because Holynd had eaten 90,000 Valentine's Tootsie Rolls and was covered!

Matt had to "bath" in the sink this morning, which was interesting and now whenever I turn a tap on water shoots everywhere because of all the air in the pipes. (You ought to hear the sounds the toilet makes when someone flushes! Pretty crazy!) Ugh, and my sink is full of dishes that will have to be washed by hand in cold water. Maybe I'll boil water on my stove... maybe. But then I'd have to turn on a tap, which means water would go everywhere... Barf!

Could this day be anymore awesome?!

No worries though, they're out there putting in new water heater right now. For the next couple of days, I will be saying prayers everytime I turn on hot water.

Sometimes I think the Lord has a sense of humor in the ways he reminds us to be grateful.

Husband! No water = no "Clean-Bathroom-Tuesday" = very frustrated wife = husband who takes his wife out for fish tacos = wife who "disappears" during lunch to shop = less frustrated wife = Chili and homemade corn bread for dinner....

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment