Monday, January 6, 2014

My favorites from 2013

2013 was an incredible year. I'm not going to lie, I was sick for most of it, but I still wouldn't change anything. I'm more thankful for my opportunity to be a mom than I have ever been. My kids and my husband are my whole world.

Just for the sake of remembrance, here is a list of my favorite moments from 2013. Some of these moments weren't my favorite at the time, but when I think about them, I can't help but smile.

- Sloane starting Preschool.
- Taking all four kids to get flu shots and all of the kids screaming and trying to escape.
- Maddox answering ALL questions with the word "no".
- Holynd flying down the hill on her friend's bike and me not recognizing that it was MY child that was sobbing on our neighbor's front lawn after wrecking.
- Holynd learning to read.
- Sloane finally deciding that being potty-trained wasn't the most horrible thing in the world.
- Maddox going to nursery. (May).
- Maddox finally going to nursery without crying and clinging to Matt or I. (November).
- Bennett being born.
- Sloane having her first friend over for a playdate.
- The girls sleeping in the same twin bed for a month because they couldn't stand to be apart.
- Maddox moving into his bedroom downstairs. He was so super excited about it.
- Bennett's first smile.
- Going back to yoga post-birth.
- Running again.
- Sloane going to the E.R. after colliding with her headboard and bleeding everywhere.
- Getting to watch the girls do swim lessons.
- Sloane starting dance class and NOT listening to her teacher for the first month.
- Sloane visiting Primary and refusing to acknowledge Holynd no matter how many times Holynd waved or yelled Sloane's name.
- Having my first dark-haired baby.
- Learning to take all four kids grocery shopping.
- Discovering Slurp and all it's treats.
- Taking all four kids to Cornbelly's by myself. (Yep! All by myself.)
- Maddox being a total daddy's boy.
- Decorating a nursery again.
- Finding out we were having another wonderful little boy.
- Searching the entire internet for the perfect little boy name.
- Matt purchasing his first "real" BBQ grill.
- Going to Park City for my birthday and getting my first massage.
- Maddox finally learning to walk. (He waited until 17 months old!)
- My wonderful husband taking me to see Jerry Seinfeld.
- Holynd and Sloane flooding the kitchen while I nursed Bennett.
- Holynd switching to a booster seat.
- Matt dressing up as Ron Burgandy for Halloween.
- A new season of Arrested Development.
- Matt taking the girls to Disney on Ice.
- Sloane eating an entire tube of lip gloss.
- Gardening.
- So many trips to the library.
- Bennett's blessing day.
- Aunt Twitch going to USU.
- Aunt T getting a dog and bringing it to Utah. (A dog that my children decided they are terrified of).
- Maddox coloring on every single wall in the house.
- Matt replaced the garbage disposal all my himself. (He's super proud).
- Losing my phone in several different stores and Matt always being able to find it.
- Eating my first buffalo burger in a bar (on a Sunday!).

It was a really fun year. Dramatic at times, but fun! There are so many other great things that happened. I can hardly wait to see what 2014 has in store for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment