Sloane is.... well, she's Sloane.
She's a spitfire.
When I asked her what kind of party she wanted, she said,
"Orange".
That was it. That's all I had to work with.
June is my month for Peterson parties, so I decided to have an "Orange" themed party. I wanted to give Sloane exactly what she asked for.
The problem: I was starting to get sick.
At the time, I thought that I was just having a really rough third trimester. I was becoming pretty certain that I was going to have him early. That was the only explanation. I felt like my body was just starting to shut down. I was exhausted and in pain most of the time. I think I cried almost every night.
But I wasn't going to let that keep me from giving Sloane her Orange Party.
I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. We had Taco Soup, which is one of Sloane's favorites. She calls it, "Bean Soup with Meatballs". Matt was amazing and did most of the setting up, since I was pretty uncomfortable.
Sloane is my baby girl. She always keeps us laughing. Sloane is spunky and stubborn, but also incredibly sweet. Last year, we were a tiny bit worried about our Sloane. She wasn't talking very much. I laugh to think we even worried about it! She talks non-stop and is very very smart. I can't believe she's about to start Pre-School. The month Sloane was born was a pretty incredible month for Matt and I. Matt started a new job and that was a pretty big turning point for us. Having two kids was, also, a pretty big adjustment. I think I would've died if someone had told us we'd be having another baby just 16 months later.
As for Sloane's birthday parties, I was planning on having the Petersons over to celebrate on the second Sunday, then my parents over the next week to celebrate Sloane's birthday and Father's day.
By that point, things were getting a little rough.
But that's a whole other story.
Look at how cute her party was!!! I didn't even know you did this. You are seriously AMAZING and such a good mommy.
ReplyDelete