Friday, August 3, 2012

Playtime..

The hardest part of my day starts around 5pm.

It lasts until bedtime. 8pm.

I've discussed this with my friend Nicole several times. It doesn't matter how well the day has went, everything goes to pits at around 5 'o clock.

Basically, all three of the kids go nuts. At least one kid has a complete meltdown.

I don't know why I continue to think that I've got this part of the day figured out! Without fail, someone starts to fall apart right before dinner.

I've started to rate how bad dinnertime goes by how many kids are acting out. Hence, a "1" means that only one kids is on the floor crying hysterically, throwing food at the walls and refusing to take a bath.

I'm ok with "1" days. "2" days are pretty common around here. Usually it's the girls who are sick of each other and sick of me. Every once in awhile we have a "3" day. Those are the days when Matt usually has to talk me out of getting in the car and driving away forever. ;)

No matter what rating the day is carrying, I've started to just turn on my iPod and blast Jack White. I'll sing along and pray that somehow we'll get through the chaos.

Yesterday was a "1". All three of the kids were really wound-up. But I'll let you guess which kid was having the meltdown.


This picture has a conversation that goes along with it.
Holynd: Mom, I have something I need to tell you.
Me: What's up Holynd?
Holynd: Mom, I farted during dance class.
Me: Wonderful.
Holynd: Yeah, it was stinky.
Me: Lovely.





Happy Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I love your rating system! I am thinking about adopting it into my dinnertime routine. Maybe then I will stay more sane. I totally agree with you though, Dinnertime is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should really blog about dinnertime but I never think to take pictures of what dinnertime is like because I am so frustrated it doesn't even cross my mind. Maybe if I did take pictures I would stay a little more sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to text you every night with just the number for that night. :)

      Delete
  3. You are not alone. All my friends call 4pm the hour Hell begins. I couldn't imagine "Hell" with three kids. And I agree, no matter how well the day has gone, "Hell"always comes. Weekly I tell Micah I'm going for a walk and not coming back.

    ReplyDelete