Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Little Miss Diva


I took Holynd to get school clothes on Saturday. G-Ma and Aunt Twitch came along.

The morning before we left she asked me if we were going to find her Hello Kitty backpack. I thought that this was really weird because Holynd isn't a Hello Kitty fan. In fact, this was one of the first times I had ever heard her mention Hello Kitty.

I told her she could have whatever kind of backpack she wanted. (As long as I could pick out all her clothes. Fair? I think so.)

We ended up at Old Navy first. We walked in the door and guess what was staring right at us?

A pink Hello Kitty backpack.

Holynd looked at me and said, "There it is."

She still talking about it. 

I was really worried about how I would handle Holynd going to school. This was part of the reason why I signed her up clear back in February. I wanted to sign her up and then forget about it.

I didn't completely forget about it, but it did make it a little easier.

Summer came and we started playing and playing and playing and playing.

Pretty soon, Holynd was bored with all of our favorite spots and I was running out of ideas on how I could keep it interesting.

About a month ago, she started asking me about school.

"Is school coming tomorrow?" she'd ask. "Please mom, can it start tomorrow?"

She was so bored with being at home with me and so excited for school, I decided to put her in three-days a week instead of just two.

Holynd loves to be busy and when she's not, I suffer.

I can actually say that I'm really really excited for school to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment