It started with lunch, then we quickly put the little girls down for naps. (Cause, let's face it, the little girls weren't going to do anything but eat frosting and throw sprinkles on the floor.) After the little girls were asleep and Maddox was entertained, we broke out the sugar cookie dough and let the girls have at it. (Nicole was nice enough to do the dough and baking because we all know how well I bake...) Kaydence wanted a heart cookie, Holynd wanted a bat cookie. (Go figure).

The Valentine making was hilarious. I had picked up some horrifyingly-red lipstick and we let the girls put it on and kiss their Valentines.


To our surprise, the girls had a blast and the mess was minimal. We cleaned up, fed everyone snacks and sat up at the counter to count away the hours until our husbands finally decided to come home from work.
Nicole got an early surprise when she called her husband and he broke the news that he was ALREADY on his way home! We immediately jumped to our feet, threw her kids in her car and sent them on their way.
Slowly I started to get my girls' dinner ready and cleaned up the playroom, a little sad that my Valentine was still working.
During dinner, Holynd fell and hit her chin. She screamed so loud that it scared Sloane and she started crying too. I was a little frustrated while I was trying to comfort everyone and clean up spilled soup, when I thought I saw Matt's truck pull up out of the corner of my eye. "I'm losing it", I thought to myself. But there was no denying it when the garage door opened and my husband came into the kitchen carrying Valentines for everyone in one hand and Thai food in the other.


Holynd gave him her Valentine covered in lipstick kisses and made him eat an overly frosted cookie on an empty stomach.
It was a very good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment