I thought of that quote today after finding my driver's license in the CD drive of my laptop. (Thanks Holynd). I got a little upset and thought to myself,
"How would it be to have a laptop that was always clean and never had cards in the CD drive??"
The answer came almost immediately.
"Empty"
There are quite a few times where I catch myself throwing around negative thoughts like that. It doesn't take a lot for the Lord to whisper little answers in my ear.
Question: "What would it be like to drive somewhere without all three kids screaming in my ear?"
Answer: "Unfulfilled"
Question: "Would I be a better parent if Matt and I had saved more money before having kids/had more time for more vacations before having kids/finished graduate degrees before having kids???
Answer: "You'd be worse at it./Your kids are worth 100 times more then a vacation./You'll get to that. For now, I need you here."
Parenting is an amazing thing. It humbles you while at the same time making you proud. I'm so proud of my kids and I become more proud of them everyday. They really now how to humble me though. I love them for that.
I try to take pictures everyday. I like to capture the little moments that will make me laugh when life really gets me down. I think that's why I love blogging. It's really easy to post pictures and include the little story that goes along with it.

Sloane's newest word is "Light". She loves to turn on and off the lights. The problem: She can't reach any of the switches on her own. Sometimes, when I need to keep her preoccupied for a few minutes, I'll put her highchair up to the row of light switches in our kitchen. She loves it.

We very rarely get Pudee to stay calm when he's not swaddled. He loves to be all wrapped up and cuddled. He loves the quiet (came to the wrong house for that buddy). He's such a good baby. So long and skinny too.

Sloane is the messiest eater on the planet. I can't leave her alone with her food or else I have food splashed and thrown everywhere! Holynd struggles with this because she's a little OCD. Holynd does not appreciate it when Sloane tries to kiss her when her face is dirty. "Ew! Mommy! I'm sticky! Sloane touched me! She's gross!"

Holynd is so happy that Sloane is showing an interest in coloring. Well, actually, Holynd thinks that Sloane wants to be her student. If this was a video, you'd get to hear Holynd telling Sloane the ABC's and how to spell her name. "H-O-eleven-S-S-S-5-B-C"

Holynd got to have an early birthday celebration because the Peterson's celebrate family birthdays every second-Sunday of each month. Her cousin made her some really cute bows! We love bows in this house!
The other day, I started to notice that the house seemed to be functioning a little bit better. Things were less chaotic. After assessing the day, I decided that things weren't getting easier, we're just getting used to it.
At the end of the day, when we're tired and exhausted, we never go to bed feeling picked on.
We always go to bed grateful.
PS: Dear Mom, I'm still trying to get over the tree skirt extravaganza. The tree skirt will see it's day in blog world.
You are so awesome Tanshyle!! I am always inspired to be a better mommy by your posts!! Congrats again on the little one!
ReplyDelete