The doctor told us not to go anywhere because of a summer flu that has been going around. We've done the opposite. How can we stay indoors when there's a playground right outside our door!? Holynd is also loving Grandma Kathy's pool and Grandpa Keith's awesome (albeit, huge) swingset. We've worn out several pairs of shoes this summer playing.
How is life with two babies? Crazy. I can tell you without a doubt that there is always someone or something covered in poop. No joke. Usually someone or something is getting covered in poop while dinner is on the stove and the other child is crying. And you know how everyone always says that you want them to sleep at the same time?! Yeah, mine do... But did you know that it means they're both AWAKE AT THE SAME TIME!? There is either total peace in the house or total CHAOS!! Having Holynd spit cheese crackers all over the living room while I'm confined to the couch feeding Sloane is a typical scene at my house. Getting dinner on the table at a normal hour is a rarity nowadays... Dinnertime, in general, is very different then Pre-Sloane days. I'm usually trying to feed Sloane or trying to help her fall asleep and Matt is trying to keep Holynd from throwing all her food on the floor. Sometimes I catch myself humming the song, "Danger Zone" because my house is so crazy. ("I went to the Danger Zone..." You're humming it right now aren't you?)
This is a picture of Holynd in the tub... In the dark. I was so distracted trying to get Sloane changed (yes, poop!) that I turned off the light when I walked out of the bathroom. Holynd just calmly kept saying, "Mommy. Help me.".
This is where Sloane grunted and fussed herself to sleep while I cleaned up the bathroom after Holynd (yes, this happens) pooped in her tub.
Hopefully some of this craziness will help my pre-baby body return. You'd think it would since I usually don't get to eat breakfast until 2pm. :)
I'd also like to brag about the fact that my husband is quite wonderful. I like to think that he's the most amazing husband in the world. Every night, we lay in bed and I tell him about my day. No matter how crazy the day was, he can always make me laugh about it. Plus, he never fails at making sure I have a huge Diet Pepsi to help drown my sorrows. He also ate the disgusting soup I made last night (Even though it got great reviews on food.com! Have you been to food.com? It's my favorite website for recipes. Except, don't try the Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. It was gross).
(Pause for a moment while I check on children).
Well, we're off for more craziness. Holynd puked all over her crib and Sloane is mad because she has the hiccups.
:)
Is it okay to laugh while reading this blog? Not in a mean way, I promise. I love your honest humor.
ReplyDelete(When do you girls go walking?)
Hehe! I love you girl, if anyone can do this it's you. You're my hero! Thanks for the update, made me smile alot.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! Here I am kind of hoping the 1 baby I have never comes out and you deal with all this.
ReplyDeleteIt cracks me up!
Ok you are making me a little nervous!! I think I am in for it! It is a little late.
ReplyDelete