Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Straws, Scribbles and Tomato Soup!

My favorite favorite FAVORITE thing ever is Barbacoa burritos! Every time I go to the doctor, I make Matt stop there and get us burritos with EXTRA, EXTRA, LOTS AND LOTS of hot sauce! Soooooooooo yummy!
*
Holynd has discovered that Barbacoa kids' meals come with a juice box. She struggled with the straw at first, but got the hang of it. She looks so grown up with her little juice box. :)
*
*
Sundays around our house are often unpredictable. I think it's because Sunday is the only day we get dad to ourselves for an entire day!
*
Since having two pregnancies back-to-back Matt has learned A LOT about pregnant women. Mainly, if I have a craving you better fulfill it or I'll eat everything else in the house. The Sabbath always proves to be the hardest day for pregnancy cravings because Matt & I prefer not to break the Sabbath. However, you never know what a pregnant woman might want to eat on Sunday!
*
This Sunday I wanted tomato soup... After working on our food storage all winter long... Matt and I did not have ONE can of tomato soup in our pantry. (Seriously, we were shocked because our pantry is STOCKED!) Instead of giving-in and breaking the Sabbath, Matt got out all my cookbooks and found a recipe for tomato soup that we could make from our food storage. It was AWESOME! We are officially too "stuck-up" for regular tomato soup... We were really able to make the entire thing from our food storage, except for the fresh basil!
*
(Don't mind the green spoon in the blue bowl, on the blue plate... Matt was really trying to "tune-into" his "inner-chef", it was really sweet).
*
In other news, Holynd is becoming very artistic... I'm just not sure I'm happy with where she chooses to display her art. This "Scripture-Marking-Pencil" art was scribbled all over my hallway, while Matt and I were trying to get ready for church.
*

*

*
Tanshyle: Holynd! That was not a nice thing to do... Oh my gosh Matt! It's all the way down the hallway!
Matt: I'll be ok. I'm sure it'll come off.
Tanshyle: Arg! She's such a sneaky little stink!
Matt: It'll come off.
*
-Five Seconds Later-
*
Matt: Here, try a baby wipe.
Tanshyle: No wait!
Matt: What are you doing?
Tanshyle: Taking pictures of it.
Matt: I thought you were mad.
Tanshyle: But it's so cute!
Matt: (Eye roll).
*

No comments:

Post a Comment