I don't usually post this often, but I have a bone to pick with some people in the world...
First! A story!
Matt and I went out last Friday. A very rare occasion for us. We dropped Holynd off at G-Ma's and went to go enjoy sushi with some friends for Rob's birthday.
We've gotten used to people getting surprised to see me pregnant, yet again, but the statements and reactions are classic.
However, I have a problem with the comments Matt receives and the comments I receive.
Matt received comments from his friends like, "Wow! Now that's Man Power!"
I receive comments like, "You're just a little Fertile Mertile."
Now, I don't think I mind friends and family making funny Fertile Mertile comments or even calling me Michelle Duggar, but I do draw the line when random people at the grocery store say it.
It's a little hard to come up with a reply for a total stranger. Seriously! What do you say to a random person when they say, "They must call you Fertile Mertile!"
I have a few options...
1. "WHY, THANK YOU!"
2. "That was my grandmother's name."
-or-
3. "Apparently."
I've settled on using option three most of the time. :)
My problem is, if Matt gets comments/labels like "Man Power", I want a more intriguing comments! Like, "WOW! Look at your Super Human-Growing Strength!"
Since we're on this subject, I have one other comment that needs to go...
The other day I was shopping with Holynd. A lady came up to us and asked Holynd's age and name. I saw her casually glance at my "bump" so I said, "Yep and another girl in June."
She smiled at me and then said, "You know what causes that right?!"
WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT!?!
So, I said, "Yes, the Pregnancy Stork comes to your house and says a prayer at your doorstep" and walked away.
No comments:
Post a Comment