I have a child that is definitely One of a Kind.
She's amazing. Smart, talented, sassy and independent.
She also never fails to keep us guessing.
I've thought a lot about Sloane lately. Maddox turned 16 months old earlier this month. He growing up, but in many ways, he's still my little baby. Sloane was 16 months old when Maddox was born. I realize now that I saw 16 months as a lot older back then. She couldn't be a baby anymore, there was another baby to take care of.
Luckily, Sloane fights tooth-and-nail to keep her place in this family. Her personality makes me smile everyday. The shyness she used to have has been replaced with a deep desire to be independent.
When Maddox started crawling, he loved to follow Holynd around. Now that he's older, he no longer wants to watch Holynd dance around in princess dresses or play with Barbies. He has, however, found a tight companionship with Sloane.
Sloane is not really into all the frilly stuff. She doesn't like dress-ups and Barbies the way Holynd does. Although, I think she still appreciates the girly stuff, just because she loves her older sister so much. Lately, she'd much rather be in Maddox's room playing with cars and trucks.
Sunday morning, I was putting on my make-up. Sloane came in and asked if she could put on some make-up too. Sloane NEVER wants to do that, so I agreed. Once we were done with her make-up, she looked at herself in the mirror and started to yell, "GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF ME!!".
Then, there's dance class.
When we take Holynd to dance class, we usually stay to watch. There are a handful of little boys around Holynd's age who are also there, waiting for their sisters to finish dance class. Sloane LOVES to play with those little boys. They usually get her to play the bad guy. She chases the boys around, wrestles them to the ground, fake shoots them with her own "gun noises" and then stands-up triumphantly to announce, "HAHA! You're dead!". She doesn't cry or get upset when they fight back, in fact, she loves it.
I usually just stand there shaking my head.
My Noanie. Little Miss Sassy-Pants.

No comments:
Post a Comment