I've been really grateful for my kids and their siblings lately.
There is never lack-of playmates in this house. Makes my life chaotic, but also makes it pretty convenient.
I went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago. I sat in the chair and waited for the dentist. I hadn't seen this dentist before, so we chatted a little after he introduced himself.
He asked if I had any kids.
"I have three."
"You don't look old enough to have three kids. How old are they?" He replied.
I get this comment a lot. I used to take it as a compliment, but now I realize that some people just assume that I must have been a teenager when I had my first.
"I have a 3 year old, a 2 year old and a 1 year old."
His eyes grew very wide.
My eyes grew wide too.
That was the first time I had ever said it out loud.
A 3 year old.
A 2 year old
A 1 year old.
Crazy? Yes.
Blessed? You betcha.
Done? Probably not.

LOVE this post! It made me smile!
ReplyDeleteI missed this post when you published it earlier. I love it! I am feeling pretty frazzled with my two year old and my 8 month old these days, but I love reading your blog and realizing that it's okay to feel frazzled. I want more kids too... but maybe not for a little while. ;)
ReplyDelete