Sunday, October 7, 2012

You're Quite The Artist...

I have a Love/Hate relationship with Pinterest.
 
Maybe you remember my tree skirt experience last year???
 
I'm still bitter about that craft.
 
However, I have too many friends around me that are really talented when it comes to projects.
 
Lately, I have found myself getting sucked-in.
 
Our playroom has needed attention for awhile. Other then a vinyl saying and some furniture there isn't much in there. (Well, that's not counting the millions of toys that my kids can't seem to live without.) When my friend Nicole approached me with this finger painting project from Pinterest, I consented. First I thought I'd put a smaller version of this in my bedroom. However, all we found at Hobby Lobby were BIG blank canvases, so the project became perfect for the playroom.
 
The project told us to tape off words on canvas and then let the kids finger paint over the taping and then, after drying, simply remove the tape.
 
We decided to try and use supplies we already had laying around our houses.
 
MISTAKE.
 
HUGE MISTAKE!
 
I didn't have any masking tape, so we used electrical tape.
 
Then, we didn't have any finger paint, so we decided to make our own.
 
BLAH!!!!!!!!
 
The finger paint turned out awful and the masking tape wouldn't stay stuck to the canvas.
 
After another trip to the store, we bought the proper supplies and let the kids have at it.
 
 
 
It started out ok...
 
Then, it got a little crazy.





 
It got really really crazy.




 
It did turn out really cute though.
 
These projects have inspired me to do a few other things to the playroom.
 
I really do have thousands of fun ideas for this playroom, but I'm really apprehensive about doing any of them because this room seems to see the most destruction. That's the way it should be though... Right? I think so. I wanted this room to be a place where my kids could go and play without worrying about ruining things or getting into something they're not supposed to.
 
For now, I'll keep browsing and dreaming. Maybe I'll get one of those picture perfect playrooms you see all over Pinterest when my kids are gone.
 
You can't even begin to convince me that kids actually play in those perfect playrooms.
 
(What a bunch of crap.)

1 comment:

  1. I love those so cute!! Totally agree with those fancy playrooms super cute but really they stay that way? haha

    ReplyDelete