My birthday was Saturday. It was awesome, although, I have no pictures to prove it. BUT IT WAS!
It started out with lunch with my mom and Aunt Twitch. The O.G. (Olive Garden), which has been a long time favorite of mine. I got a really really REALLY cute purse and some shopping money. My mother knows me really well! I was a little bummed to see that my regular dish wasn't on the menu anymore, but I tried something new (GASP!!!!!!!!!!! THIS NEVER HAPPENS!) cheese ravioli, which was actually quite tasty!
Matt surprised me with a Kindle, which I am loving. I'm reading Gone With The Wind, a little nerdy, but it was the first thing I found an Amazon and I was so excited to add a book to my library that I bought it. :)
That night, we pawned the girls off on grandparents, and Matt took me to the Blue Iguana. It was the best Mexican ever and, you know me, I love me some Mexican food! The spicier the better! YUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY!
For dessert, Matt took me to The Melting Pot. We had chocolate fondue and dippers. I loved it and we will definitely be returning soon!
I went to bed that night convinced that I would never need to eat again, but I wasn't that lucky. ;)
In other news, Sloane is officially a bottle-drinker. It was a little bitter-sweet, but after some digestive issues and breastmilk issues, we had to wean her. It was harder on me then it was for her (I just wasn't ready!), but she's liking the formula ok and in a few weeks she'll probably forget there was ever anything else to eat.
Happy late birthday girlie!! Sounds like you had a well-deserved blast! I need to hear about the blue iguana bc I've only been to the red iguana and I love it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a very yummy birthday! I've always wanted to go to the Melting Pot.
ReplyDeleteDoes this mean I won't be seeing you in the mother's room any more? I liked having Sunday chats. :)
Happy Birthday Sweets!! Sounds like a fabulous day suited for a fabulous chick! I miss ya and love ya!
ReplyDeleteSorry Natalie. No more mother's room for me. :) I'm still nursing once a day, but I don't know how long that will last. It was really sad. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed nursing.
ReplyDeleteHappy late birthday! I should not have read this while hungry. I just let sky know we'll be doing mexican and melting pot next date night.
ReplyDeleteI think it's definitely going to be harder for me than scar to quit nursing.
Sounds like you had a blast. Lucky you! :)
ReplyDelete