Goodnight Moon is a favorite in our household. We read it probably 3 or 4 times a week. I have it and "Do You See a Monster?" memorized. I finally caught Holynd on video "reading" Goodnight Moon. If you happen to not notice, the balloon is her favorite item in the book.
Dad surprised us this week by bringing home Toy Story 3. In honor of this event, Holynd had to wear her Buzz jammies three nights in a row. It was probably the most exciting thing to happen. Maybe even more exciting than Halloween.

Yes, I bought my little girl "boy" pajamas. Sue me.
While I was watching Toy Story 3 with Holynd, I kept thinking, who would actually consider taking their old toys with them when they left home? Then it hit me. I did. I still have the teddy bear I got when I had my tonsils taken out. (Did I just blog that?!) His name is Squeaky. He doesn't actually squeak, he's just a regular old (really old!) teddy bear. His head has been sewn back on several different times, but Holynd now carries him everywhere. :) As I type, Holynd is snuggled in her bed with that teddy bear. I'm now glad that I kept Squeaky tucked away in my hope chest all these years.
I also realized this week that poor Sloanie has a terrible mother. I always made sure Holynd made it to her doctors appointments on the early possible day she could go. She religiously received her immunizations on the 28th every two months from the day she was born. Poor Sloanie turned 4 months old on the 18th of Oct and has yet to go to her four month check-up. (Terrible! Terrible me!) I've rescheduled twice. But! She has an appointment this Tuesday and I will take her and I will immediately update on her growth afterwards. She was in the 95th percentiles for both height and weight last appointment. I have an inkling that she's slimmed down a little, but not too much. Sloanie is wearing the clothes her older sister wore last fall... Weird! I bet you can guess which parent she takes after and which parent Holynd takes after. (Sorry Holynd, you'll still be shopping out of the little girls section when you're in Junior High).
I finally ventured back to Walmart with the kids by myself. It was pretty bad. Holynd refused to ride in the cart and Sloane decided she wanted to cry uncontrollably through the whole trip. Holynd kept grabbing things off of shelves and then would tell me "NO! NO! NO!" when I would put them back. (Go figure.) I was a little discouraged because I was not one of those super-moms who could calm their kids down with one quiet phrase, but I found quote someone had posted and it made me really happy.
"I'd rather have my hands full than empty".
(I'm thinking I need to write this on my arm every Sunday before church. My kids don't love church very much. If the truth be known, I have to sing the Dora, "We did it!" song every Sunday after we come home-just a little celebration for us surviving another Sunday.)
This is adorable! I watched the Holynd video TWICE :) I can't get over her cute little voice. How did you she get so big, last time I saw her she was just a tiny little baby and now you have another one? Where does the time go!
ReplyDelete