Friday, January 15, 2010

Uh... Feeling Fine?

Everyday Life Update: I haven't posted in awhile. Mainly because my next post was supposed to be a video of some sort. My parents gave me a super-cool video camera for graduation and I've been dying to get the cutest video of Holynd for my videographer debut. BUT! It's pretty close to impossible to get your 1-year-old to do something cute and then keep doing it while you try to find your video camera, turn it on, and start recording. SIGH... So, we're still working on it.

Holynd Update: Holynd is what you would call a "selective walker". She walks only when she sees the need and sees the benefit for her. That means that if Matt and I stand apart from each other and bribe her with Nerds candy, she'll walk. Otherwise, she just gives you a look like, "Yeah, right. No treat, No walk". She's able to get off the couch on her own and can almost climb up all by herself. I can't believe I have a child who can open the fridge and get the carton of Soy Milk out when she wants some milk, but can't walk unbribed. Yes, Holynd is a Soy Milk drinker... We don't know why, but Whole Milk makes her throw-up. She can eat all other dairy, including ice cream without a problem, it's just the Whole Milk.

Unborn-Baby-No-Name Update: Still not feeling prego. Yeah.... Close to 17 weeks along and other then some weird insomnia, I really don't feel pregnant yet. (The jury is still out on whether the baby is causing this or Matt's snoring is causing this. For some reason, I sleep really well after I kick Matt out of our room... Hhhhmmmmm?) I guess my clothes are starting to get snug, which I hate, but I still haven't gained any weight yet! (Yay!) At first I was nervous, like maybe I had made the whole pregnancy up in my head, but then we heard a heartbeat and that theory went out the window. I've wondered if maybe this could mean that were having a boy instead of a girl, but Matt assures me it's another girl. :) Which would be awesome because I have enough baby girl clothes to open my own store. (Some of which still have tags on them.) We do get to go in for an early ultrasound to check on a few things next Wednesday and Matt says he's going to slip the Ultrasound Tech a 50 to tell us what were having. I may be making an announcement Wednesday afternoon, but don't get your hopes up, just in case. I went through my little "log" of my pregnancy with Holynd and laughed at how miserable I was at this point....

Week 17 of Holynd's Pregnancy: No exercise because of Sciatica and back pain, No sleep because of heartburn, no energy, still having decent amounts of morning sickness and many many food aversions, mood swings that are off the charts, very emotional and swelling in my feet.

Week 17 with Unborn-Baby-No-Name: Still working out everyday, a few weird cravings, other then that... feeling fine......?

We have been calling Unborn-Baby-No-Name, just "New Baby", but that would make Holynd the "Old Baby", so I've quit. We're now stealing the term, "Unborn-Baby-No-Name" from the show Accidentally On Purpose.

I will admit that I did have one teeny-tiny nervous breakdown last week. I had "hit the wall" as my mom often called it when I lived at home. But, I have an awesome husband who took Holynd to Grandma Kathy's for a few hours of non-mom time and came home, with a yummy sandwich and Tylenol PM. He brought me stuff when I asked for it and made sure all stayed quiet so I could sleep all afternoon. (I should have breakdowns more often!) I felt so much better afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment