Not many people wake up Labor Day morning and think... "Hmmm, ya know what Labor Day needs?? Sushi!" Well, Matt and I are 'not many people'. We wanted Sushi for Labor Day and that's what we got... along with Fillet Mignon and Salmon! Yeah, we went all-out-American for Labor Day!
Yeah... Matt's a professional Sushi eater. He knows how to use chopsticks. I'm an awful Sushi eater, I use my hands! (Oh wait! What is that in the background? Oh my gosh, it's the stupid pink duck that Holynd loves! My dearest Nicole.... I hope you know that the pink duck you gave Holynd is one of the favorites out of all the diaper bag toys. We can't go to Sacrament Meeting without it!)
Grilled Salmon, Fillet Mignon and Fried Noodles! What's better?!
I'll tell ya what's better! Grilled Salmon, Fillet Mignon with a California Roll and Spicy Tuna Roll on the side! DUH!
Holynd was a little confused as to why our food was being cooked right in front of us, but she seemed to enjoy the show.
Here's Holynd mesmerized by the Habachi Grill-ie Guy. He lit the entire grill on fire and she didn't even flinch. (The stupid pink duck must've been on the floor!)
*
Ok, so now we need to see just some cute pictures of Holynd kickin' around the house.
"Heckles! My binkie is right here! Don't step on it!"
"Mom! I see you carry this thing around all the time... What's in it!?"
"Mom's fresh green beans and cheesy garlic potatoes are really good!"
"Mom and Dad can't find the remote I used to love, so instead of playing with regular toys... I like to play with this bottle of lotion."
*
Now for a good 'ole vent about life! Well, mostly school....
*
Today is the first day it's finally set in that this is my last semester for my undergrad (Unless something terrible happens, but who wants to dwell on that!?). I'm REALLY REALLY SAD! I've loved my undergrad study at the U. (PS: Go Utes!)
I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. (Besides being a wife and mother, which is ALWAYS going to be my first priority). Matt and I have talked A LOT about what I should do. Neither of us have felt good about having me go back to work, so I've been looking into Graduate Programs.
I've always known that I'm supposed to go to Graduate School. Graduate School is a goal Matt and I have both had since... well a long time!
Matt's so awesome that he could go to Graduate School in ANYTHING! He likes biology, chemistry, reading, writing, memorization, social sciences, etc. He even puts up with me going on and on about Conservative, Liberal and Radical views on the US Economic System. He could do anything and excel in it. Hello! The guy has went to school, put up with a pregnant wife, a brand-new baby, served in his calling and worked full time. He always is sure to get us to the temple at least once-a-month. He went through a lay-off when I was seven months pregnant and never once acted like the world was crashing in on him. Even though he has had to take on his undergrad work little-by-little, he's never thought about compromising his goal of going to Graduate School. He's had to change his goals, but only because he wants to adapt his goals to his growing family. The guy didn't even take a day off of work when I had Holynd. He spent the nights with me at the hospital and went straight to work and then back to the hospital. (Well, he did stop at Whole Foods a few times to make me a yummy salad from the salad bar!)
Me on the other hand, I'm limited. Certain subjects can't hold my attention for very long. If I had to sit in a Chemistry class I'd go crazy. Math with no economic application is a TOTAL SNOOZE-FEST for me! Biology.... UGH! Writing a paper is a drag unless I can apply some sort of economic school of thought to it. I can't even watch the news without constantly opening my macro or micro econ books for further investigation on US Current Events!
Taking this into consideration, I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with Econ through Graduate School. Now I'm just trying to decide how far I'd like to go with it. I'd really like to teach at the university level.... Which would mean I'd need to get a doctorate. A doctorate degree is something I've never aspired to get. It was something I always thought crazy people decided to go for!
Which brings me to the point of this post.... I prayed and prayed and prayed for guidance. I didn't want to do anything that would make Matt miss out on his goals and take me away from Holynd more then absolutely necessary. Last Wednesday, I sat in my Labor Econ class when my professor said this:
Economists are usually considered the craziest professionals out of all sciences. I mean, who wants to take an unpredictable variable like the human race, do years and years of research and then try to predict society's use of scarce resources with complex mathematical formulas! I'm telling you now, if you [students] don't think that you're crazy, you are!
I guess I'm already considered crazy. :)
I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. (Besides being a wife and mother, which is ALWAYS going to be my first priority). Matt and I have talked A LOT about what I should do. Neither of us have felt good about having me go back to work, so I've been looking into Graduate Programs.
I've always known that I'm supposed to go to Graduate School. Graduate School is a goal Matt and I have both had since... well a long time!
Matt's so awesome that he could go to Graduate School in ANYTHING! He likes biology, chemistry, reading, writing, memorization, social sciences, etc. He even puts up with me going on and on about Conservative, Liberal and Radical views on the US Economic System. He could do anything and excel in it. Hello! The guy has went to school, put up with a pregnant wife, a brand-new baby, served in his calling and worked full time. He always is sure to get us to the temple at least once-a-month. He went through a lay-off when I was seven months pregnant and never once acted like the world was crashing in on him. Even though he has had to take on his undergrad work little-by-little, he's never thought about compromising his goal of going to Graduate School. He's had to change his goals, but only because he wants to adapt his goals to his growing family. The guy didn't even take a day off of work when I had Holynd. He spent the nights with me at the hospital and went straight to work and then back to the hospital. (Well, he did stop at Whole Foods a few times to make me a yummy salad from the salad bar!)
Me on the other hand, I'm limited. Certain subjects can't hold my attention for very long. If I had to sit in a Chemistry class I'd go crazy. Math with no economic application is a TOTAL SNOOZE-FEST for me! Biology.... UGH! Writing a paper is a drag unless I can apply some sort of economic school of thought to it. I can't even watch the news without constantly opening my macro or micro econ books for further investigation on US Current Events!
Taking this into consideration, I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with Econ through Graduate School. Now I'm just trying to decide how far I'd like to go with it. I'd really like to teach at the university level.... Which would mean I'd need to get a doctorate. A doctorate degree is something I've never aspired to get. It was something I always thought crazy people decided to go for!
Which brings me to the point of this post.... I prayed and prayed and prayed for guidance. I didn't want to do anything that would make Matt miss out on his goals and take me away from Holynd more then absolutely necessary. Last Wednesday, I sat in my Labor Econ class when my professor said this:
Economists are usually considered the craziest professionals out of all sciences. I mean, who wants to take an unpredictable variable like the human race, do years and years of research and then try to predict society's use of scarce resources with complex mathematical formulas! I'm telling you now, if you [students] don't think that you're crazy, you are!
I guess I'm already considered crazy. :)
I hope everyone survived this long-drawn out post on everyday life at the Peterson Household!
Cute pictures of Holynd! I could see you being a crazy econ professor! haha!
ReplyDeleteYou go for it crazy! ;) I'm right behind ya! PS...love the pink duck
ReplyDelete